R.A.B.A. Benefits and Accomplishments
At any given time, there are 6,000 bills before the legislature. Hundreds of these bills, if they were to become law, would damage your business. We will keep you informed and work to defeat any increase in the meals tax, sales tax, fees, or any unnecessary interference in your business. We will rely on our members to determine our legislative agenda. We’ve already passed several laws and have submitted or supported dozens of others. These bills have been sponsored or endorsed by more than 75 of the 200 Representatives/Senators, all with bipartisan support.
Below please find our Benefits and Accomplishments, and contact our Executive Director Vincent Errichetti for additional efforts or with any issues you wish addressed.
- Repealed the ban on educational dinners for doctors
- Allowed restaurants to serve alcohol Sunday 10AM instead of noon
- Disqualified employees fired for stealing, using illegal drugs or being drunk at work from winning an unemployment claim
- Added catering to the Film Tax Credit
- Removed the $295 per employee fine for hiring veterans, students, retired people and spouses who choose not to take your offered health plan
- Fighting tax increases and unnecessary regulation and interference
- Full-time lobbyist exclusively working for our members
- Providing an agenda for businesses growth in Massachusetts
- Defining the debate: Business owners create the jobs
- Monitoring the media and legislature
- Giving you opportunities to be heard directly
- Free, fun informational and networking events to meet peers and prospects
- Direct access to elected officials through events and private meetings