The creators of Phantom Gourmet have formed the Restaurant And Business Alliance: A trade association providing restaurant and business owners with a strong voice in government and media. For the first time, restaurants and businesses have a full-time lobbyist, Executive Director Vincent Errichetti, passing laws to help your company and stopping bills that would hurt. Dave Andelman is the President of the R.A.B.A., and he has been CEO of Phantom Gourmet, Inc. since 1993.
Before the R.A.B.A., the meals tax rose from 5% to 7%, and we became the only state to ban educational meals for doctors at restaurants. The business climate fell to 47th out of 50 states (Chief Executive Magazine) and the cost of doing business fell to 49th of 50 (CNBC). Clearly, we need a new, modern, and effective association to represent your interests.
The R.A.B.A. has:
- Repealed the ban on educational dinners for doctors
- Allowed restaurants to serve alcohol Sunday 10AM instead of noon
- Disqualified employees fired for stealing, using illegal drugs or being drunk at work from winning an unemployment claim
- Added “catering” to the Film Tax Credit
- Repealed the $295 per employee fine for each employee who chooses not to participate in your company’s health care plan
R.A.B.A. annual dues are a tax deductible $1,000 per year. If your company’s sales are less than $2 million annually, dues are a tax deductible $500 per year.
There are two ways to join:
- Join online HERE
- Mail your check to:
Restaurant And Business Alliance
P.O. Box 277
Allston, MA 02134
The more members we have, the more influential we’ll be fostering a pro-business culture in our state.